New line of FW - AMP (r13)

Re: New line of FW - AMP (r13)

Postby tamas2001 » 29 Oct 2016, 19:14

Hello,

First of all thanks for developing this amazing fw, that enable us to keep running these old devices!!

I have just upgraded to the latest AMP13 (2016-feb-06) and recognized, that I can't play video on R1 if the video mode is set to 1080p 50/60hz (that is selected by auto mode). (There are strange lines on TV screen and the audio is not continuous but have silent very frequently). With the video settings of 1080i or 720p both of the issues are gone.

- That should not be TV nor HDMI cable issue since an other kind of player working fine at 1080p mode.
- The previous fw was amp12_vrtn_r7. (2014-oct-26) with that it was working better (very small screen issue -mostly with 1080 files- , but good audio)
- Trying with amp12_nogui + vrtn (2015-feb-25) the same problem is experienced like with the latest AMP13.
- I don' t have any other older fw to try with.

Since there is a workaround, most probably not make sense to put effort to try to fix it, I would just ask:

Is anybody else experiencing with the same problem ?

Thanks
Tamas
ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 (amp_r13_vrtn)
tamas2001

Postby kowaltom99 » 17 Nov 2016, 11:44

Hi

First of all I'd like to thanks for the great job - AMP firmware is the best :-)
I've been using O!PLAY HD2 for few years. Till now no problems.

I have bougt Home Cinema Apmplifier Onkyo and connected ASUS HD2 do the amplifier using HDMI (to get 7.1 True HD sound)
Additionaly - I have USB Blu Ray drive connected to ASUS.
Firmware AMP (r13)
HDMI Sound set on "RAW"

Problems:

1. Using original Blue skin:
- Not possible to read BD disk - BD disk is shown as empty folder (DVD and CD disks work OK)
- amplifier ONKYO has a problem with sound - not detects DTS True HD 7.1, DTS HD MASTER - every sound is detected as DTS 5.1 only
- I can open BD drive using RC

2. Using VRTN Skin
- Not possible to read any disks - when I put CD, DVD, BD disk into drive - there is info on the screen "NO LOADER"
- amplifier ONKYO has not any problem with sound - DTS True HD, DTS HD MASTER sound is detected - I have 7.1 sound
- I cannot open BD drive using RC - no reaction on pressing "EJECT" on RC

3. Icon Bit Skin
- Possible to read every disks - CD, DVD, BD disk are read propertly
- amplifier ONKYO has a problem with sound - not detects DTS True HD 7.1, DTS HD MASTER - every sound is detected as DTS 5.1 only

4. POHD Skin (almost perfect)
- Possible to read every disks - CD, DVD, BD disk are read propertly
- amplifier ONKYO has not any problem with sound - DTS True HD, DTS HD MASTER sound is detected - I have 7.1 sound

The best solution for me is using POHD skin.
But there is a problem with button "EJECT" on RC - not working.
What is the worse - when I press "Eject" button on the USB drive - nothing happen - I cannot take the disk out.
I've read some topics about IR fake module - but I cannot fix it for POHD skin. When I change ir fake config file - all buttons of RC stop working.

May I ask for suggestions what to do?
ASUS O!PLAY HD2
VRTn skin, amp_r13
kowaltom99

Postby Pokrass » 17 Nov 2016, 20:33

As written here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3161&p=71951&hilit=Dvd#p71951

In VRTn skin:
1. Use long press Eject to eject CD.
2. To enable Dvd
In/usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/setupex.ini
Code: Select all
[SYSTEM]
disable_hw_dvd=0

And reboot player.

All other skins are so old, made by another developers and we dont support it.
IconBIT HDS7L Fw: AMP_r12 GUI: VRT
iNeXT HD1 W Fw: X3D_Series_V4.0.2b160406
Pokrass

Location: Плюк. Планета № 215 в Тентуре галактики "Кин-дза-дза" в Спирали.

Postby kowaltom99 » 18 Nov 2016, 10:14

Pokrass - thank you very much!!!
I don't know russian - that's why I didn't find that topic.
Using google translator is not good solution too.

I fixed the problem :-)
1. VRTn skin - modification setupex.ini - I've changed disable_hw_dvd=1 to disable_hw_dvd=0
2. RC -long pressing not work, I added one line in irfake: "2","b04f686c","eject", EJECT

And USB Blu Ray works fine!!!

Once again thank you for help.
ASUS O!PLAY HD2
VRTn skin, amp_r13
kowaltom99

Postby rootfixxxer » 02 Dec 2016, 16:20

Hello

Anyone can confirm that every time media change, we need to manually select the subtitles?
For example, i'm watching several episodes of one tv show, every subtitle has the same name of the movie, but it doesn't select it automatically. It's this the normal behavior in r13?
By the way it's possible to change the default settings for the subtitles, for example, put them as default at size 26 and yellow? In another versions of fw for the OPlay this worked, by just setting this for the current media, the settings "stick"...

Another thing related to IPTV.
Using the default version, i can add lists and see them just fine. If i update to the last version, i add lists, but the list in the oplay remain empty. There's something wrong with the update? It's something that i'm missing?
Now coming back to subtitles, when playing a movie from a URL (mkv), there is no way to select the subtitles? Don't know if this is a problem? Or it's not possible to select subtitles? Or it's because e i have the wrong version?

This is the only issues that i found with this super fw version.
Thanks
OPlay Air R3 - Amp(r13) - Vrt
rootfixxxer

Postby Pokrass » 10 Dec 2016, 22:50

First of all viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1037
What GUI you use? Only VRTn is actual and we support only it. Yes. You must select subtitles manually every time and change size and color too.
All other GUIs are so old and made by other programmers. We dont support them.

If you use some module to watch iptv read its thread on forum. Here is no spirits and mediums in our forum.

Read FAQ, install recomended GUI (or update it) and update all modules.
IconBIT HDS7L Fw: AMP_r12 GUI: VRT
iNeXT HD1 W Fw: X3D_Series_V4.0.2b160406
Pokrass

Location: Плюк. Планета № 215 в Тентуре галактики "Кин-дза-дза" в Спирали.

Postby rootfixxxer » 14 Dec 2016, 15:06

Thanks for your time....
The signature it's updated.
The GUI it's the VRTn, but if this is the default behavior ok...

The iptv forum has one problem, it's in russian and i can't read/post anything... :)
OPlay Air R3 - Amp(r13) - Vrt
rootfixxxer

Postby babb1 » 16 Jan 2017, 14:22

Hello

While zooming, the jump function with the arrow keys is not working. The arrow keys are positionig the centre of the screen.
Is there any setting to change back the arrow keys jump function while zooming?

regards
Asus HDP-R1 (AMP r12 vrt gui)
babb1

Postby graphdarnell » 09 Feb 2017, 04:18

Does anybody know if this firmware allows input and output through ethernet? I have a hidden network which doesn't show up on wifi. I have to use CAT6 cable instead, and though I can access MoS GUI, the modules wouldn't update. Also, all online channels do not respond. The ethernet port works fine with other devices.
HDP-R1
Firmware Amp_r13_nogui
Netgear WNR2000
graphdarnell

Postby FarVoice » 09 Feb 2017, 06:03

turning your network manually.
On wifi add AP. On wired network set the IP, mask, host and DNS.
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrtn), xTreamer Pro (amp_r12_vrt), xTreamer Prodigy (iNeXT 2.14 r2), IconBIT HDR12L (amp_r12_vrt), 3Q F425HW (xds42gl_7725_r3), MyGica A11 (mygica_m3_20121222)
FarVoice
Администратор

PreviousNext

Return to About Asus O!Play