HowTo: Use different RC's with HD2 FW

Re: HowTo: Use different RC's with HD2 FW

Postby Sekator500 » 11 Feb 2011, 01:34

tweakradje wrote:Hi,

Great work here on irfake.

Is it possible to use irfake with HDMI CEC in the future? There are realtek opensource codes that have CEC dev and CEC daemon.
It would be very nice if HDMI CEC could be used as iput, and irfake translates it to internal ir.
Maybe it would be possible?

Cheers

Maybe but I don’t know anything about CEC, do you have any documents or sources ?
Sekator500

Postby Virtual » 11 Feb 2011, 05:41

Sekator500 wrote:

Is it possible to use irfake with HDMI CEC in the future? There are realtek opensource codes that have CEC dev and CEC daemon.
It would be very nice if HDMI CEC could be used as iput, and irfake translates it to internal ir.

Cheers

Maybe but I don’t know anything about CEC, do you have any documents or sources ?

http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/17953-h ... -xtreamer/
:ugeek:
марсы: HDS7 (смотрелка AMP скин vrt )
HDR12 AMP (обычно сервер с RAM 256 и 2 SATA диска 2T+)//но очень иногда оцифровка видео
XTR PRO(AMP, HTTP(S) NFS SMB FTP сервер +trans2.90 + 2 SATA диска 2T+
сатурны: XTR Prodigy, R6S(512Mb_NAND), HD900A(_MD*) прошивка
Virtual

Postby Sekator500 » 11 Feb 2011, 12:59

Virtual wrote:
Sekator500 wrote:
Cheers

http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/17953-h ... -xtreamer/
:ugeek:

Interesting but I think we need to wait for proper implementation before doing anything :)
Sekator500

Postby tweakradje » 11 Feb 2011, 15:06

Looks like Pete on the xtreamer forum is getting very close to have CEC working on realtek soc.

If only he knew of the existence of irfake. Can someone contact him there? I am massively blocked on that forum :)

Cheers
Xtreamer Mk1 with AMP11 Pohd + Playon HD Mini with AMP13 Pohd :)
tweakradje

Postby Pete » 11 Feb 2011, 16:46

tweakradje wrote:If only he knew of the existence of irfake.

Well, now "he" knows ;) Thanks for pointing me to irfake, as this is exactly the kind of utility I was looking for!

Basically, the way I was planning to implement cecd, with regards to forwarding HDMI-CEC remote control commands was:
  • The cecd configuration file (typically /etc/cecd.conf) would contain a list of the HDMI-CEC codes that the end user wants to support (as per table 27 of the HDMI-CEC specs), with the value they want to translate them to. Now that I've seen how irfake does it, it looks like we basically had the same idea, though I hadn't thought of supporting sequence of commands (great idea!!), and wasn't too sure about codes that should translate to actual commands, such as shutdown, etc.
  • it would also contain the location of a file or device that can be fed these commands. My understanding is that I can use /dev/venus_irrp directly (which seems to be what irfake does, after it moves it to shadow_irrp). So you'd have "target /dev/venu_irrp" (or "target /dev/shadow_irrp" if irfake is also in use) line in the conf as well.
There is definitely a great deal of irfake that I could reuse, so I have to ask:
1. Is the source available? Haven't be able to locate it so far...
2. Would it be possible to break irfake into the part that does code/sequence conversion, according to the content of a .conf file, and the part that actually reads IR data. Obviously, I pretty much need everything from irfake apart from the creation of the shadow_irrp device and the IR reader, since I'm going to use HDMI-CEC here. If irfake could be split into the part that provides decoding/writing and the rest, then I could just reuse that.
Last edited by Pete on 11 Feb 2011, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

Postby Virtual » 11 Feb 2011, 16:48

I am massively blocked on that forum

HaHa :mrgreen:
HDR12 AMP (обычно сервер с RAM 256 и 2 SATA диска 2T+)//но очень иногда оцифровка видео
Virtual

Postby Virtual » 11 Feb 2011, 16:50

Pete wrote:Well, now "he" knows ;)

Uau welcome
Virtual

Postby Sekator500 » 11 Feb 2011, 19:26

Actually shadow driver written by Gouzhuang (sources, driver info & usage http://www.cnitblog.com/gouzhuang/archi ... ntrol.html)

Latest sources of irfake4 & modified driver (this driver have some experimental features and is loaded in blocked mode by default) available here http://code.google.com/p/irfake/source/browse/ My code is so far from ideal but I will glad if it helps you in the development.

If you have any question let me know :)
Last edited by Sekator500 on 18 Mar 2011, 14:13, edited 2 times in total.
Sekator500

Postby Pete » 11 Feb 2011, 21:27

Brilliant! Thanks a lot for this!! :D

Let me play a little bit with these sources and see what I can do. Maybe I'll just create an input translation/redirection library that both cecd and irfake can reuse. For the record, the git repo for cecd and libcec can be accessed here, or from the cecd/libcec homepage.

Since I don't see any license on the source, I'll assume that I can reuse it in a GPL project. Oh and of course, I'll give full credit for anything I reuse. :)
Pete

Postby Virtual » 11 Feb 2011, 21:30

Sekator500 wrote:Latest sources of irfake4 ....

какая лицензия будет? GPL?
:)
так-как данная разработка интересна многим!.
и уже вышла за рамки: "для себя любимого"
Virtual

PreviousNext

Return to About Asus O!Play