firmware HD2 v.1.12.04b

Re: firmware HD2 v.1.12.04b

Postby Olegin » 30 Nov 2010, 22:54

Hi,
delete Transmission v2.12 and install Transmission v2.04. And try again...
Asus O!Play R1 (amp, vrt), xTreamer Pro (amp, vrt), Iconbit 7L(amp, vrt), Iconbit 12L(amp, vrt/12l), Iconbit 1003(3Dgui)
Olegin

Postby premiso » 02 Dec 2010, 19:43

goodman wrote:I have installed O!direct on a WIndows 7 32 bit Ultra edition; I got server failed to start error message when trying to run O!direct. Btw, what is O!direct?

Below is just my theory, it may not make it into an NAS and may send the link, but the connection has to stay active either way, once the computer or O!Direct is shutdown, so does the movie on the O!Play

O!Direct puts itself in to the right click menu inside of Windows Explorer. What happens is you basically just browse to a video file, right click the file and it will send it to the O!Play to play (it basically makes your personal computer an On-the-Spot NAS). This is handy, but I wish it would just send the network path instead of making itself and NAS, as the computer has to stay left on for the video to continue playing.

A great idea, it just needs to be tweaked up a bit, imo.
premiso

Postby goodman » 02 Dec 2010, 21:08

premiso wrote:
goodman wrote:I have installed O!direct on a WIndows 7 32 bit Ultra edition; I got server failed to start error message when trying to run O!direct. Btw, what is O!direct?

Below is just my theory, it may not make it into an NAS and may send the link, but the connection has to stay active either way, once the computer or O!Direct is shutdown, so does the movie on the O!Play

O!Direct puts itself in to the right click menu inside of Windows Explorer. What happens is you basically just browse to a video file, right click the file and it will send it to the O!Play to play (it basically makes your personal computer an On-the-Spot NAS). This is handy, but I wish it would just send the network path instead of making itself and NAS, as the computer has to stay left on for the video to continue playing.

A great idea, it just needs to be tweaked up a bit, imo.

[/quote]

Thanks for the response; so what I got is one can broadcast a selected file store in the computer and directly broadcast to O!play. Why do we want to do that, we have UnPn already, we can play anything we want.
goodman

Postby premiso » 03 Dec 2010, 04:08

goodman wrote:Thanks for the response; so what I got is one can broadcast a selected file store in the computer and directly broadcast to O!play. Why do we want to do that, we have UnPn already, we can play anything we want.

Well that is where I am confused. It may be that it does not setup a NAS, and it just sends the path of the networked file to the O!Play. I did not fully test the functionality. All I really know is that it is meant for convenience and as an interim measure (I think) for the horrible interface. I mean if you can browse and then right click on your computer where you can actually read the font, that is better then squinting or having to be 2 ft in front of the TV to pick a movie. The only problem is that, even if it just sends the path, the computer has to stay on to keep the movie broad-casted. This is a real pain for me as if I am watching a movie I tend to put my computer to sleep, or usually am screwing around on the computer which can tend to lead to reboots and wham, my movie experience is halted.

I could setup a dedicated box and VNC into it, but man what a waste, be nice if it kept the session alive, even without talking to the box that initiated it. I understand this was "leaked" and is probably in early Alpha / Beta phases. But it seems good on paper, if they get that stuff worked out it could be an awesome addition.
premiso

Previous

Return to About Asus O!Play