Slow FTP upload

Slow FTP upload

Postby radeonkx » 18 Dec 2010, 01:38

Hi'm fine so far perfectly happy with the player, fw: Firmware 12/01/2006 HD2 + moservices.

- external HDD via USB.
- Crosslink UTP
- Dlink-DIR300

FTP is linked with the player. When I start to copy a file, 5,000 kbyte speed up. But it falls below 3200 kbyte. I do not know what is wrong and the player is not doing anything. I'm just out there to the main menu.

My computer and the laptop he carries between copiers 10000 kbytes / s stable.

Help me, I do not know what's wrong.
radeonkx

Re: Slow FTP upload

Postby Olegin » 18 Dec 2010, 08:54

Unfortunately 3-6 Mbyts/s is normal speed for our player on ftp. The small gain of speed can be received using external HDD via sata. My speed with sata HDD is 4,5-5,5 Mbyts/s on ftp (wired network with Asus WL-500 gpv2 router).
Asus O!Play R1 (amp, vrt), xTreamer Pro (amp, vrt), Iconbit 7L(amp, vrt), Iconbit 12L(amp, vrt/12l), Iconbit 1003(3Dgui)
Olegin

Postby john » 18 Dec 2010, 13:04

radeonkx wrote:....... I do not know what is wrong and the player is not doing anything. I'm just out there to the main menu.

My computer and the laptop he carries between copiers 10000 kbytes / s stable.

Help me, I do not know what's wrong.

It's unrealistic to compare your desktop & laptop computers with your media player.

Your desktop has at least a 32, probably 64 & possibly 128 bit data transfer path between memory & processor. Your player's Flash memory has only an eight bit bus, & its memory, 16 bits, to transfer data.

Your desktop & laptop's processor speed is probably 10 times greater than the tiny general purpose processor in your player.

Your desktop & laptop's processor has much faster & greater on-processor cache memory capacity.

Your player's special purpose, dedicated DSP processor however is probably more powerful than either your desktop or laptop's!

Think about how little your player cost compared to what you paid for your desktop & laptop……….
john

Postby Gixxer » 27 Dec 2010, 10:29

From my Experience FTP download speed to HD2 was about 9mb per second but upload was around 5-6.
This is really slow for HD Video files transfer but as there are no more HW capabilities of this player alternatives are USB 2.0, ESata or USB 3.0
It has NAS server functionality disabling all other functions when you enable it, so you may assume Oplay main functionality is not NAS.

I am not sure if we may try to tweak samba conf file to optimize samba transfer speed.
There are some docs on the internet describing this optimization.
Asus HD2, AMP R11 IconBit, TP Link TL_WR1043ND
Gixxer

Postby skunk » 24 Feb 2015, 21:38

Hello,
I have problem to upload a big files (for example 700 MB) on my USB (inside HDP-R1 amp_r11_icon.zip )

I have`t any problems with download files from FTP or delate them . I have`t problems witch upload small files for example 5 MB.

Where can I change the size limit? Can you tell me the name of files and path?

Thank you
Asus HDP-R1, amp_r12_vrtn_r7.zip , TD-VG3631 - TP-Link
skunk

Return to About Asus O!Play