Oplay Air HDP R3: Wlan auto connect possible?

Oplay Air HDP R3: Wlan auto connect possible?

Postby Sibi » 12 Jan 2013, 21:14

Hi Forum,

first thank you for this brilliant piece of software. Since I got it, my Oplay it is actually useable ;)

I have been using the amp_R8_hd2 sucessfully on my Asus Oplay Air HDP R3 for several months and updated today to R9.
Everything is working perfectly like in R8. I have connected to the machine over webbrowser updated the modules and been playing around.

I'm connected over WLAN to my AP. For this reason I keep a MMC card plugged in the Oplay. When it finished booting after ~ 3 secs the Wlan module is plugged in and WLAN is useable.
I always manually connect to my AP: Settings-->Network-->Wireless-->ConnectionName-->Test-->Finish. Now, since my girlfriend is using the oplay she sort of fails to do this steps. I kept explaining it to her,
but after a while she forgets and I have to do it. Which is annoying :)

So my question: Is it possible, to automatically auto connect to a Wlan AP given a saved ConnectionName? Like open some sort of autoexec.bat on the Oplay and write commands like:
[Boot code here:]
-wait 3 seconds (for the Wifi module loaded)
-connect wlan with connection name [credentials?]

Is this possible? And does someone know how?

Thanks!

Sibi
Last edited by Sibi on 25 Jan 2013, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.
Asus Oplay Air HDP R3
Sibi

Re: Oplay Air HDP R3: Wlan auto connect possible?

Postby Sibi » 21 Jan 2013, 11:35

It's me again.

I did some more tests with the latest amp R9 release:

When I power on the Oplay and wait until die WLAN gets ready the oplay won't connect but has some initial IP Address which is in the wrong Subnet mask 255.255.0.0 while mine is 255.255.255.0.
If I try to connect manually with my saved connection: System-->Network-->WLAN-->ConnectionName-->Apply settings immediatly?-->Yes-->Test-->Test fail

No connection possible.
I then have to restart my WLAN router(DSL-EasyBox 802). After that connection can be established.

Wlan Router ON -->Turning Oplay ON = no connection possible
WLAN Router restart --> Oplay ON = connection possible

Is there any config.cfg on the device handeling initial WLAN information, which I can edit?

Any ideas?
Asus Oplay Air HDP R3
Sibi

Return to About Asus O!Play