Asus HD2 Doubts

Asus HD2 Doubts

Postby dudas » 06 Feb 2013, 17:35

Hello community,

I've been reading some topics here to figure out how to flash my HD2, but I continue with some unanswered questions. And first, I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.

My HD2 is default, with 2.04 Asus firmware (2.05 doesn't have move/copy options). As fare as I know, I have to beat bootcode (format a flash drive as Fat32 filesystem, copy install.img from HD2_FW_115_boot_26.zip and update via "System" O!Play's menu). Only then I will be able to flash it with AMP R9 (this one: hd2 GUI skin blue https://moservices.googlecode.com/files/amp_r9_hd2.zip (46,3 Mb)).

However, I saw that there are some steps that requires logging in using a telnet program. I downloaded Putty and it's simple to use. The doubt here is, I tried to enter my HD2 via telnet and it says Connection Refused, or something. Ok, or I have to flash it first, in order to be able to connect to it, or I have to open NAS function on the player, which I think it's wrong.

Another thing, I saw that there are many users trying to update their players (with soft reset method) and the players freezes with a message like "Player is updating, wait a few seconds", like forever. It happens to me too. Is that normal? I haven't found any solution to that.

After I flash my HD2 with .rar above with boobatle code 26, can I update it with 2.04 I have now? Or I have to flash with AMP R9? I presume AMP R9 has copy/paste options, btw.

Resuming, is this sequence right?

1. Download FW , copy install.img from FW archive file to USB stick, formatted FAT or ext3
2. Go to System -> Update and update through there
3. Put AMP R9 on the flash drive (named as install.img)
4. Turn off player (by power cord!), remove any drives, includes internal HDD, from player.
5. Insert USB stick with FW image and power on player.
6. And wait for it to flash

Sorry for the topic, but I haven't found answers to this super simple questions. I don't want to screw up it.

Best regards everyone
dudas

Re: Asus HD2 Doubts

Postby john3voltas » 07 Feb 2013, 17:57

dudas wrote:Resuming, is this sequence right?

1. Download FW , copy install.img from FW archive file to USB stick, formatted FAT or ext3
2. Go to System -> Update and update through there
3. Put AMP R9 on the flash drive (named as install.img)
4. Turn off player (by power cord!), remove any drives, includes internal HDD, from player.
5. Insert USB stick with FW image and power on player.
6. And wait for it to flash

Sorry for the topic, but I haven't found answers to this super simple questions. I don't want to screw up it.

Best regards everyone

You've added some extra steps and you've miss a very important bit.
Before flashing AMP, please make sure that your player's bootcode is compliant with AMP.
I don't have an HD2 unit so I'm not sure if you have to upgrade bootcode first.
Check here the words in red font:
http://moservices.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=98
Perhaps you should wait for replies from more experienced users (Farvoice, Virtual, etc...)

For flashing AMP, these are the steps:
0. make sure your bootcode is compliant with AMP. If not, upgrade it first.
1. Download FW, copy install.img from FW archive file to the root of the USB stick, formatted FAT or ext3
3. Turn off player (by power cord!), remove any drives, includes internal HDD, from player.
4. Insert USB stick with FW image.
5. with a sharp tool (like a pen/pencil) push and hold the reset button of your player.
6. while holding the reset button on your player, power on your player (by reinserting it's power cord).
7. And wait for it to flash
ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 (Bootcode 23)
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Return to About Asus O!Play