DVD Cover art and info on HDP-R1

DVD Cover art and info on HDP-R1

Postby dsexton72 » 27 Dec 2013, 21:33

Okay, I've looked through this entire forum and still have not found what I am looking for. I saw some stuff on the Yamj Jukebox, but I don't even think that's what I'm looking for, so I'll post a question with an example and see if someone has attempted this before and if so, how?

I have an HDP-R1 with the latest firmware. It works great but as I did learn from reading this site, it can do more. Here's my question. I use MyMovies content management software to keep a movie database of all of my movies on my home server. In a typical movie folder, there is a jpg file, an xml file, and the actual movie file. I would like to know is there a way to hack the movie interface on the HDP-R1 to look like this...

movie interface window.jpg
movie interface window.jpg (40.8 KiB) Viewed 3457 times

Basically, the left side to have the list of movies to select from, the right side to possibly have four windows instead of just a preview window and a file name windows...one window display DVD cover art, one window for the preview window, one for info on the movie (like IMDB info), and the file name and size window.

Has anyone ever attempted this? Or if not, what would be a good start? I'm thinking there may be a way to utilize the xml file that MyMovie makes when it catalogs the movie into it's database, so maybe there is a way to utilize that? Anyone suggestion would be appreciated. :)
ASUS O!Play HDP-R1, FW=01.38N
dsexton72

Re: DVD Cover art and info on HDP-R1

Postby john3voltas » 02 Jan 2014, 15:24

That's not much different than YAMJ.
YAMJ is available on AMP but unfortunately only if you use the beautiful but slow skin POHD.
No other skin can work with YAMJ and I don't know any other service similar to YAMJ for our players.
But don't take my word for granted. Wait for other replies.
Cheers
ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 (Bootcode 23)
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Return to About Asus O!Play