A player, preferably a LAN connected to the router (with DHCP enabled)
A USB stick with the firmware (install.img file in the root)
preferably, a computer connected to the same local network as the player.
Starting with the AMP_R* firmware installation is completed in two stages:
1. Install a kernel firmware - firmware upgrade to the from USB Flash through a reset or a soft-reset
- for xtreamer players | +
- Use kernel with ordinary install only!
For installing on iXtreamer rename install.img to install_ixtr.img
For installing on Xtreamer Pro rename install.img to install_pro.img
After installing kernel you must install GUI via Skin Selector
2. Install GUI (Skin)
-After kernel install, on the screen you will see a window with information about the network, free space in memory of the player and a list of available GUI:
- First, by using IR remote control UP/DOWN Arrow keys* select “Reload Skins (direct)” line. If you see a text "validate" in brackets the skin will be downloaded to a connected flash drive or disk. For direct download alternative, press the Stop button on the remote control and the text in the brackets will change to "direct".
- Press OK to update the list of available GUI and their current status in your player
- By Arrow keys, select different GUI (when you navigate, on right side you'll see a screenshot preview)
- Press OK button to download selected GUI to player’s memory
- After downloading, the selected item will change its color to electric blue
- To remove a loaded GUI from memory, press Stop button
- The unloaded GUI item will change color to white
- To install/activate a GUI item of ones you have downloaded, press OK again
- After that, finally the player will load the selected GUI interface
After that, the player will get overloaded with your chosen interface.
The Forum team member’s choice is VRT(vrtn) GUI. We recommend it as the most stable and the only currently evolving
- If the player is not connected to a network | +
- (for example, skin VRT):
1. Download the latest kernel from here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3240 and Unzip the install.img in root of the USB flash drive.
2. Download skin http://www.moservices.org/mos3/skins/vrtn.tar DON'T unpack and put in the root of the USB flash drive.
3. Download autorun.zip http://www.moservices.org/forum/downloa ... hp?id=7380 and Unzip into the root of the USB flash drive
The script is configured to vrtn. To change the line, modify for the GUI and skin you want:
- Code: Select all
As GUI vrtn is skin-less, the skin parameter is empty.
Then by the button GUI installed automatically
P.S. If your IR remote control does not work initially, you can use a USB keyboard, and then bind your remote control..
P.P.S. GUI can be installed also by the Skin Selector in player's web-interface.
Attention! After installing firmware (or any major update), go to the Web interface to configure the aPower (Actions on Power) module and select your model player! The default is the Asus O!Play R1/R3. Otherwise they will not shut down properly, and likely problems with the audio analogue output!