Looking for a Better stream client

Looking for a Better stream client

Postby red_scorpion133 » 25 Nov 2013, 17:12

Hello

I always use my Laptop with Ps3media server to stream movies on my PS3

But now i have a asus r3 with moservice and i try Media Tomb but its very complicated
i only want to see my folder from my USB Harddisk but all scanned Items are in the VIDEO folder without
arrangement.

In ps3 meda server i set C: and all folders are open for UPNP/DLNA !

Is there a way for a better UPNP / DLNA ps3 stream client like Twonky in moservices ?
Or someone help me with media tomb =)

greets
red_scorpion133

Re: Looking for a Better stream client

Postby john3voltas » 25 Nov 2013, 21:14

Sorry mate but I don't get your point. What exactly do you want your Asus to be? The UPnP client or the UPnP server?
If you just need it to be a UPnP client you don't need to install anything at all. All you need to do is open the Folder icon that appears on the skin that you are using and you will see that it allows you to access UPnP servers and network shares. Just hit the UPnP server option and it will search for available servers. Select your PS3 Media Server (you should look into Universal Media Server which is a lot better) and 'voilá' there's your media files.
If you want it to act as a server then yes, you need to use MediaTomb, which I don't even know how it works.
In case you need further help, please install iconbit skin. It's the only skin I have and it's the only one I can give you help with without having to be looking at my TV while I am answering any queries.
Cheers
ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 (Bootcode 23)
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Postby red_scorpion133 » 25 Nov 2013, 22:25

the point is i dont will use my laptop as server ! because it need to match energy AC/DC ! ^^

my asus r3 is in the bedroom with an usb hdd and my ps3 is in the living room !

so i need a solution

greets
red_scorpion133

Postby john3voltas » 26 Nov 2013, 00:18

Let me see if I understand. You don't want to use your laptop (the one with PS3 media server) as a UPnP server, right?
But I don't understand when you say that the R3 is in the bedroom and your console is the living room. I don't see a problem in that. So what solution is that, that you're asking for?
If you are asking to make R3 a DLNA server, I am sure that you can do that with MediaTomb. I believe that you have tried to do that and that you were successful. The only thing that I don't understand is why you don't want to use MediaTomb. What did you see that you disliked about it?
Cheers

PS: I believe all DLNA servers have 3 folders (music/pictures/videos) and I don't see anything wrong in that either...
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Postby red_scorpion133 » 26 Nov 2013, 04:01

hi

yes u were Right !

when i open Media tomb on my ps3 it shows me 3 directions "Pc directory" "Video" "Photos"
in the "PC directory" there show me MediaTomb the path of my Video datas but no playable file in there !
ALL Files are in "Video" and Unsorted i will the same Organisation Like in my USB HDD !
is this possible to do ?

Greets

(sry for my bad english )
red_scorpion133

Postby john3voltas » 26 Nov 2013, 04:20

But what is the organization like in your hdd? Do you have every video file inside a folder of its own?
Anyway, if that's the case I can't help you with it because I wouldn't know what to do. I don't use MediaTomb.
I use MiniDLNA and it's streaming from a small low-powered computer, not running on my R1.
I still think that you have a minor config issue and that you should take it to MediaTomb forum/support. If you do so I am convinced they will easily help you figure it out.
But remember, if you ever get it to work on the R3, don't configure it to transcoding. These players don't have enough power to be transcoding. So I honestly don't think it will work fine playing from your PS3 which will most likely need transcoding. Just my 0.02€ ;)
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Postby red_scorpion133 » 26 Nov 2013, 23:13

Hi

Transcoding for my ps3 works perfect with my r3.

Yes i have every video file inside a folder of its own

ok thank u for ur help

If someone other here to help me please let it me know ! ^^

greets
red_scorpion133

Postby wolvier » 28 Dec 2013, 19:53

How you transfer in Mediatomb subtitles .srt or .sub or .txt - i need this in my PS3?
What i must change in .xml
I found this line but for our player don't work
https://vanalboom.org/node/14
wolvier

Postby john3voltas » 29 Dec 2013, 14:54

@wolvier,
Do you mean a)watching movies with subs coming from a dlna/upnp source?
Or do you mean b)watching a movie with subs on some other player coming from our player as a dlna/upnp stream?
If it's a), forget it, Realtek (our player base hardware) forgot to include subs on the dlna client. Great, huh?
If it's b) I honestly don't know.
Cheers
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Postby wolvier » 01 Jan 2014, 14:27

Watching movie on PS3 - our Asus with Mediatomb is a stream client.
Avi & Mp4 is no problem.
Problem is with mkv, and subtitles (srt) - there are no problem using mediatomb on linux with transcoding VLC + mencoder srt/sub - but with mediatomb on moservices this don't work
wolvier

Next

Return to About moServices