New line of FW - AMP (r13)

Re: New line of FW - AMP (r9)

Postby yoshi314 » 21 Jan 2013, 12:20

andy78 wrote:iconbit skin is the best one I've ever used on my Xtreamer Mk1, but it doesn't work out of the box. I had to install NoGUI version then I logged to web panel to refresh repositories and install iconbit skin.
I renamed thumbnails jpgs from thumbgen because it displays them in alphabetical order. It shows just the cover but it is enough for me.
I'm surprised that USB keyboard works with Youtube so good.
They are also superb additional services you can find here http://www.moservices.org/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=2694

I have a question. Does anyone know how to install optware or XMP over mos3?
https://code.google.com/p/xtreamer-web-sdk/wiki/XMP

EDIT:
Ok I managed how to install optware on mos
Here is a short guide.
Create ext3 partition
cd /tmp
wget http://www.moservices.org/patches/install_opt
bash install_opt

i had an existing copy from xtreamer days, so i just linked /opt from my hdd, replacing existing /opt. i have little use for optware, but what i keep seems to work fine.

i'll give amp optware a shot.

john3voltas wrote:Have you tried with more than 1 web browser?
Have you cleared cookies/cache in your web browser and tried again?

As for firmware upgrade, if the reset button is not working, there's always the soft reset method.
http://moservices.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=88
But you should get advice from Farvoice/virtual/Pokrass or other more experimented users (than me) before doing it. If you mistype something you can brick your player and then you will need to JTAG it.
Cheers

i don't think amp messes with the bootloader at all. therefore, you can always do recovery mode reinstallation, if your device has such a feature.
xtreamer SW3, various firmwares
yoshi314

Postby hein.acht » 21 Jan 2013, 15:42

lunumu wrote:Hello everybody,

I'm a newb and problaly i'm asking a stupid question...

I've flashed the AMP R9 on my Oplay, but the wifi is not working. I see the AP's but I only can connect, sometimes, to a different AP (without security AP), not mine. I have a Smart Tv and others computers and they all connect fine. I even disabled WPA security and put the media in the same room. There's some configuration/parameter that I have to make on my router in order to get connected?

Thanks for all this hard work you have here.

Hi,

i have the same problem after installing the R9.

The WiFi dongle runs without problems with last original ASUS Firmware. The WiFi dongle is the original from Asus.

In the settings at the Oplay i see a IP Adress: 169.xxx.xxx.xxx
This is not my range! The WiFi dongle is also listed in the overview at my router!? Weird!

There are no changes at my router. All other WiFi devices runs without problems.
No success by change the security settings. Without security the same problem, the WiFi dongle receives a wrong ip Adress.

Any solution approaches?

Thank you for this awesome Firmware!!!!

Greetz from Germany o/
hein.acht

Postby Pokrass » 21 Jan 2013, 15:46

Problem in Your router. Address 169.254.*.* gets when router don't give IP.
Read about this IP in google.
For example: http://packetlife.net/blog/2008/sep/24/ ... explained/
IconBIT HDS7L Fw: AMP_r12 GUI: VRT
iNeXT HD1 W Fw: X3D_Series_V4.0.2b160406
Pokrass

Location: Плюк. Планета № 215 в Тентуре галактики "Кин-дза-дза" в Спирали.

Postby hein.acht » 21 Jan 2013, 16:26

I think it is not my router.

Then...

....if i put the original Firmware back (2.05) , WiFi runs! :shock:

I'm so frustrated. Any list of WiFi dongles that will work with this R9 Firmware?

Thank you so much :) I hope u can to decrypt my english :)

Greetz...
hein.acht

Postby yoshi314 » 21 Jan 2013, 23:27

hein.acht wrote:
lunumu wrote:Hello everybody,

I'm a newb and problaly i'm asking a stupid question...

I've flashed the AMP R9 on my Oplay, but the wifi is not working. I see the AP's but I only can connect, sometimes, to a different AP (without security AP), not mine. I have a Smart Tv and others computers and they all connect fine. I even disabled WPA security and put the media in the same room. There's some configuration/parameter that I have to make on my router in order to get connected?

Thanks for all this hard work you have here.

Hi,

i have the same problem after installing the R9.

The WiFi dongle runs without problems with last original ASUS Firmware. The WiFi dongle is the original from Asus.

In the settings at the Oplay i see a IP Adress: 169.xxx.xxx.xxx
This is not my range! The WiFi dongle is also listed in the overview at my router!? Weird!

There are no changes at my router. All other WiFi devices runs without problems.
No success by change the security settings. Without security the same problem, the WiFi dongle receives a wrong ip Adress.

Any solution approaches?

Thank you for this awesome Firmware!!!!

Greetz from Germany o/

check if you have a mac whitelist on your router. when i used official xtreamer mk1 firmware it would force some odd MAC over what device would report by default. and both lan and wifi would have the same MAC address. amp firmware doesn't do that anymore.

as for the supported drivers :

this is what network drivers are there in amp firmware :

Code: Select all
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/usb/net/catc.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/usb/net/kaweth.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/usb/net/zd1201.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/usb/net/usbnet.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/usb/net/rtl8150.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/usb/net/pegasus.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/ppp_deflate.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/strip.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rt73/rt73.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtusbv2502/os/linux/rtUSBsta.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtl8192du/drv/8192du.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/ar9170/OAL/Otus/Linux/arusb_lnx.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtl8712/8712u.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtl8192cu/drv/8192cu.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtl8187/ieee80211/ieee80211_crypt_tkip.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtl8187/ieee80211/ieee80211_crypt_wep.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtl8187/ieee80211/ieee80211-8187.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtl8187/ieee80211/ieee80211_crypt_ccmp.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtl8187/ieee80211/ieee80211_crypt.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/amp/rtl8187/rtl8187/r8187.ko
./2.6.12.6-VENUS/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/atmel.ko

with some googling you should figure out supported devices, although i am not sure whether those drivers are backported to 2.6.12.6, or are they old versions released at the time that kernel was around.

i use rt73 driver with linksys wusb54gc (rt73 firmware seems included already), or i use official xtreamer dongle.
xtreamer SW3, various firmwares
yoshi314

Postby hein.acht » 22 Jan 2013, 14:33

Thank you so much!!!!

I'll try it once :)

Greetz
hein.acht

Postby oplayon » 23 Jan 2013, 01:28

Hello all,

i make on this day the r9 POHD Update with all Core Update. And have many freezing problems.

- My HD2 freeze the first time startup from standby
- My HD2 freeze by reading on Samba .8 files from the oplay to pc after 1 Min.

i dont understand no freeze by untouched with DTSHD MA source.

Can everybody help me...

Sorry for my shit english.
ASUS O!Play HD2 (amp_r9_pohd)
oplayon

Postby momp945 » 23 Jan 2013, 06:23

oplayon wrote:Hello all,

i make on this day the r9 POHD Update with all Core Update. And have many freezing problems.

Did you upgrade the firmware through the system menu or did you use the reset button method?

I think reset button method of upgrading the firmware is always better. I would try updating the firmware again with the reset button method and see if the problem is fixed.
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrt)
Thanks to the developers!
momp945

Postby batserra » 23 Jan 2013, 11:52

Hi ,i have the same problem, please tell me if you solved with reset button method.

momp945 wrote:
oplayon wrote:Hello all,

Did you upgrade the firmware through the system menu or did you use the reset button method?

I think reset button method of upgrading the firmware is always better. I would try updating the firmware again with the reset button method and see if the problem is fixed.
Using O!Play HD2 with pohd7317 GUI amp_r9_pohd.zip firmware
batserra

Postby hein.acht » 23 Jan 2013, 11:59

yoshi314 wrote:check if you have a mac whitelist on your router. when i used official xtreamer mk1 firmware it would force some odd MAC over what device would report by default. and both lan and wifi would have the same MAC address. amp firmware doesn't do that anymore.

OMG. I'm a fool! My IP-Range was empty in my Router!!! :oops:
I'd the range xxx.10 - xxx.20 (facepalm)

Thank you so much!

And now, i have the next problem :)
I select a other skin, the "HDP 3 UN 123 PAL". When i select Online Media, the Asus OPlay HD2 reboot :o
Now, i can't select a other skin. I think i must flash the box again.

The Skin "PlayOnHD V7.4.6.r7317. A awesome skin!!!!!!!!! But i can't copy files from usb-hdd to intern hdd.
It's in the Info " Press Menu & Confirm for more options" I don't have the Button "Confirm". Is the Skin not for the HD2?
Any other Button for the Filemenu?!

Thank you :)
hein.acht

PreviousNext

Return to About Asus O!Play